Prometheus-5 project is co-funded by European Commission under the SME instrument-phase 2 call of Horizon 2020
Primary objective of Prometheus-5 project is the industrialization of a highly innovative, energy efficient and environmentally friendly power production unit for decentralized power generation (H2PS-5).
The specific objectives and challenges which we target to address during the two-years Prometheus-5 project are the followings:
- To standardize the manufacturing process for industrial mass production of H2PS-5
- To apply and test alternative, efficient and economic manufacturing processes for various product sub-systems (heat exchangers, steam generator, reactors, etc)
- To build 10 prototypes and perform extensive field testing in different environments.
- To confirm attainment of electrical efficiency above 35% and overall (electrical + thermal) efficiency above 85% (in CHP mode) under field operation.
- To confirm significant reduction of the carbon footprint compared to conventional technologies.
- To perform product certification, initially for Europe, the U.S.A. and Japan.
- To identify financial/manufacturing partners and vendors for commercialization of the product in Europe, U.S., Japan, India, Brazil and China.
- To complete the design of a production line with capacity of 5,000 units per year.